The PIPEDA regulates the way private sector organizations in Canada collect, use, keep, secure, and disclose personal information. “Personal Information” means all information about an identifiable individual. Two Rivers Legal Professional Corporation (“Two Rivers LPC”) recognizes the importance of privacy and recognizes the sensitivity of personal information received by us in the course of our legal practice.
This Policy outlines the information that Two Rivers LPC may collect through use of the Two Rivers Legal Professional Corporation Website (the “Two Rivers LPC Website”) and any related websites and how such information may be used and disclosed. By using the Two Rivers LPC Website, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this Policy.
Collection of Technical Information: Two Rivers LPC may collect anonymous technical information as a result of your visit to the Two Rivers LPC Website. For example, this information may include your IP address, browser type, operating system, domain name, access times, and referring website address. We will not attempt to link or match the anonymous information we collect with any Personal Information unless we have your consent; we have detected, or reasonable suspect, any attempt to damage the Two Rivers LPC Website or other security breach; or we are required by law to do so.
Use of Personal Information: Two Rivers LPC may use Personal Information for the following purposes:
- To Contact You. To contact you by email, telephone call, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication regarding updates or informative communications related to services provided by Two Rivers LPC.
- To Provide You. With news, special offers, and general information about other services which we offer that are similar to those that you have already inquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information.
- To Manage Your Requests. To attend to and manage your requests to Two Rivers LPC.
Disclosure of Personal Information: Two Rivers LPC will only use Personal Information for the following purposes:
- Responding to You. To respond to your inquiries.
- With Service Providers. We may share your Personal Information with services providers to store or process information on our behalf.
- Law Enforcement. Under certain circumstances, Two Rivers LPC may be required to disclose Personal Information if required by law to do so.
- Other Legal Requirements. Two Rivers LPC may disclose Personal Information in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: comply with a legal obligation; protect and/or defend the right or property of Two Rivers LPC; prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Two Rivers LPC Website; protect against legal liability
Security of Personal Information: Two Rivers LPC has reasonable policies, procedures, and safeguards in place to protect the security of Personal Information under our control and secure it against the unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal, or destruction of Personal Information.
Third Party Services Providers: Two Rivers LPC may employ third party services providers to store or process Personal Information on our behalf. Our services providers may store and/or process Personal Information outside of Canada, including in the United States of America. When Personal Information is stored or processed outside of Canada, it may be subject to the laws of and be accessible to legal authorities in such other jurisdictions. We have taken appropriate technical, organizational, and legal steps to secure this information. Two Rivers LPC may use third party services providers for:
- Online Scheduling Services. We may provide appointment booking services within the Two Rivers LPC Website. In that case, we may use third party services for appointment scheduling and booking.
- Electronic Document Signing Services. We may provide electronic document services, such as fillable .pdf forms, within the Two Rivers LPC Website. In that case, we may use third party services for document creation, signature, and submission.
- Electronic Client Information Management Systems. Two Rivers LPC uses an electronic client information management system. We may provide access to a client portal through the Two
Rivers LPC Website. In that case, we may use third party services for client information management.
- Payment Processing Services. We may provide paid products and/or services within the Two Rivers LPC Website. In that case, we may use third party services for payment processing. We will not store or collect your payment card details. That information is provided directly to our third party payment processors whose use of your Personal Information is governed by their privacy policies.
- Email Marketing. We may use your personal data to contact you with newsletters, marketing, or promotional materials, and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt-out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send or by contacting us. We may use email marketing service providers to manage and send emails to you.
Links to Other Websites: The Two Rivers LPC Website may contain links to third party websites that are not operated by Two Rivers LPC. You will be subject to the privacy policies of any third party website that you visit and you are strongly encouraged to review the privacy policies of any website that you visit.
Requests for Access to Personal Information: The Act permits individuals to submit written requests to Two Rivers LPC to provide them with: their Personal Information under our custody or control; information about how their Personal Information under our control has been and is being used by us; and the names of the individuals and organizations to whom their Personal Information under our control has been disclosed by us. We will respond to requests in the time allowed by the Actand will make a reasonable effort to assist applicants and to respond as accurately and completely as reasonably possible. All requests may be subject to any fees and disbursements the law permits us to charge.
Requests for Correction of Personal Information: The Act permits individuals to submit written requests to us to correct errors or omissions in their Personal Information that is in our custody or control. We will correct the Personal Information and, if reasonable to do so, send correction notifications to any other organizations to whom we disclosed the incorrect information.
Contacting or Communicating with Us: If you have any questions with respect to our policies concerning the handling of your Personal Information, or if you wish to request access to, or correction of, your Personal Information under our care and control, please contact our Privacy Officer at: ciara@tworiversIpc.ca